- Published Date
- Written by JayWay
- Hits: 38455
The KwaZulu–Natal Nature Conservation Board - “the Board” - is a Schedule 3C public entity reporting to the Department of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environmental Affairs. The Board is the Accounting Authority.
The mandate of the Board is derived from the KwaZulu–Natal Conservation Management Act (No. 9 of 1997) read in conjunction with the Public Finance Management Act (No. 1 of 1999)
The same act created the KwaZulu–Natal Nature Conservation Service - “the Service” - which is the infrastructural entity required to support the Board members in carrying out their mandate. For trading and branding purposes the name Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife (Ezemvelo) was registered as a trademark, and has become the brand name of the organization.
1. MR ZC NGIDI (CHAIRMAN)
2. PROF AT NZAMA (DEPUTY CHAIRPERSON)
3. MRS P DABIDEEN
4. MS BD NGIDI
5. MS SP LEBENYE-NTANZI
6. MR M MACKENZIE
7. MR SJ MHLONGO
8. MR SA NDLELA
9. MR JP RUTSCH
10. INKOSI MI TEMBE
11. MRS NL MTHEMBU
12. MR BD NKOSI
13. DR DAVID MABUNDA (A/CEO of Ezemvelo)
In line with its statutory mandate the board is responsible for:
- The management of nature conservation within the Province of KwaZulu – Natal both inside and outside the protected areas and;
- The development and promotion of ecotourism facilities within the protected areas.
In addition to the above, the board is also guided by the recommendation of the King Report on Corporate Governance.
The duties and objectives of the board are:
- To provide strategic leadership;
- To monitor the operational performance of management;
- To protect the organisation’s financial position;
- To ensure that the organization adheres to high standards of ethics and corporate behaviour;
- To review and adopt the appropriate risk management and regulatory compliance policies;
- To set policies, standards and objectives and ensure implementation by the Executive Management Committee.
- We hope to gain a lot of expertise and experience from them and their valued inputs to the operations of Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife.