- Published Date
- Written by JayWay
- Hits: 8113
Issues Of Strong Public Interest
Public Consultation - Proposed Buffer to World Heritage Site - Maloti Drakensberg Park:
Dear Interested and Affected Party
One of the requirements associated with the declaration of the Maloti Drakensberg Park (MDP) as a World Heritage Site (WHS) was that a “Buffer Zone” be established to protect the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV) of the Park, namely: biological diversity; natural characteristics; scientific, cultural, historical, archaeological or geological values; scenic and landscape values; wilderness values and provision of environmental goods and services. You are hereby invited to consider the proposed buffer policy, the guiding framework and provide comments or concerns.
- Fax to Email: 086 613 2745
- Verbal or written submissions at the Public/Community meetings to be held at Underberg and Estcourt and other meetings to be held in the study area.
- Comment sheets will be provided at all meetings for stakeholders or Interested and Affected Parties to comment in the language of their choice.
Please note that all comments should be received at the latest by the 31 August 2016.
Public Consultation - Boundaries of Protected Areas:
Notice of intention to re-declare certain nature reserves, designate a wilderness area and declare a new nature reserve all in KZN. Provincial Gazette, 3 March 2016 GN 6 of 2016:
iMfolozi Wilderness Area:
Umgano Nature Reserve:
Previous Gazette Notices:
- Amatikulu Nature Reserve
- Chelmsford Nature Reserve
- Dlinza Forest Nature Reserve
- Hluhluwe iMfolozi Game Reserve
- Ingwe Nature Reserve
- Ithala Nature Reserve
- Karkloof Nature Reserve
- Kranzkloof Nature Reserve
- Mbumbazi Nature Reserve
- Mpenjati Nature Reserve
- Nseleni Nature Reserve
- Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve
- Poccolan Nature Reserve
- Sungubala Bush Nature Reserve
- Tembe Elephant Park
Protected Area Management Plans
Nkandla Forest Complex Management Plan Draft 2015
Isandlwana Heritage Reserve:
In all correspondence, please include the Project Title in the subject line.
With regret, we are unable to enter into correspondence directly with you, but be reassured your comments will be retained and considered.