- Published Date
- Written by JayWay
- Hits: 1594
The Role Of Planning And Development
The KZN Wildlife Planning section consists of a multidisciplinary team of dedicated, specialist staff, dealing with a wide range of planning and development issues.
Our objective is the conservation of biodiversity within KwaZulu-Natal and the achievement of the provincial biodiversity conservation targets, both within and outside protected areas.
Specific focus areas include the following:
- Transfrontier park initiatives and planning,
- World Heritage Site identification and establishment,
- Protected area identification and establishment ,
- Ramsar sites and sites of conservation significance,
- Protected area planning,
- Ensuring integrated environmental management of activities and developments within protected areas,
- Environmental management systems, related policies and procedures for KZN Wildlife,
- Provision of input to environmental legislation reviews and development,
- Provision of environmental legal advice,
- Professional review of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA's) for proposed developments outside protected areas, in terms of their potential impacts on biodiversity,
- Provision of biodiversity expertise and advice to provincial and national authorities, specifically in terms of development applications.
As part of the public participation of interested and affected parties in the planning and implementation of development initiatives in our protected areas, individuals and groups may register their comments by using this link to review the projects and use the e-mail link.
The revised cultural permit application proforma and a set of standard conditions an applicant may expect to receive if a permit is issued are available in PDF format. Please note that Acrobat Reader is required to view and download these documents.