- Published Date
- Written by JayWay
- Hits: 63284
- With its many exciting coral reefs and outstanding climate, Sodwana Bay has distinguished itself as one of the premier sport diving destinations in the world.
- Sodwana Bay National Park is situated within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park. This wonderful resort set in the sheltered bay on the Maputaland coast attracts many visitors all year round to discover its many hidden treasures
- The Resort's accommodation is uniquely style, symbolic of the dwellings of the San people who once lived in these mountains.
- From the North, turn to off the North Coast Road(N2) at Jozini and follow th signposts through Mbazwana to the park (about 79 km on a gravel road). From the South, turn off at the Hluhluwe town offramp and follow the Sodwana Bay signage. The part is 97 km from here through Mbazwana on a tar road.
WHAT TO DO ARRIVAL
- All overnight visitors must check in at Sodwana Bay reception office on arrival. Office hours are from 08:00 -16:30 (Monday - Thursday) and 07:00-16:30 Friday, Saturday and public holidays, and 07:00-15:00 on Sundays.
- If you arrive after hours you will be required to pay a R200 cash deposit which will be processed into your account the following morning.
- The Rhino Club Card is accepted at Sodwana entrance gate only (no beach access), however a once off R5 Community Levy fee is payable upon entrance into the Park.
- No pets are allowed in the park.
- Please ensure that all possible precautions against theft are taken at all times.
- Firearms must be declared on arrival at the reception office.
- Safety deposit boxes are available for hire to safeguard firearms and valuables.
- No quad bikes or motorbikes are allowed in the park.
- Illegal power connections in the campsite will not be tolerated.
- Beach permits are required for 4x4 vehicle access to the beach near the resort.
- 200 permits are issued daily on a first come first served basis.
- Vehicles may only access the beach on Saturdays and Sundays, Public Holidays and peak school holidays.
- Air compressors may not be used in the campsites.
- A facility is available at the beach.
- Portable generators may not be used in the park.
- Fireworks are not permitted in the Park.
- Visitors are advised to take precautions against malaria before, during and after a visit to Sodwana Bay.
- Attendants are available to assist in the campsite and on the beach.
- Entrance gates are open 24 hours. Arrival after reception office hours will require a refundable deposit.
- Accommodation fees are payable in full in advance.
- Personal cheques will not be exchanged for cash.
- Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife’s tariffs are available on request, and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please note that physically disabled people have to apply to the Minister at Marine and Conservation Management for special permission to access the beach.
- The application has to be done in writing prior to visiting the area.
HOW TO GET THERE
- The Jozini road is often not in a good condition and the recommended route is to continue through to Hluhluwe and to follow the Sodwana Bay signage.
- From the south turn off at the Hluhluwe town off-ramp and follow the Sodwana Bay signage.
- The park is 97 km from here through Mbazwana on a tar road.
- 32d40'19.03"E 27d32'45.03"S