- Published Date
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 3374
- Midmar Dam, a popular recreational destination, is situated off the N3, 24 km from Pietermaritzburg and 7 km from Howick. The reserve is 2 857 ha in extent.
What To Do On Arrival
- Overnight visitors are requested to check in at reception on arrival. Accommodation charges are payable on arrival at the Midmar office, which is open between 08:00-16:00 daily.
- All essential supplies are available from Howick.
- Fuel is available 2 km from the main gate.
- No pets of any kind are permitted in the reserve.
- Certain sections of the reserve may be closed to the public and certain activities prohibited at any given time, should this be deemed necessary. Please do not deviate from the roads in the game reserve.
- Firearms and any other weapons must be declared on entry into the reserve.
- The reserve gates are closed to day visitors between sunset and sunrise. This does not apply to visitors occupying chalets, rustic cabins or campsites, who have 24-hour access.
How To Get There
- From the N3, take the R103 Howick/Midmar offramp.
- At the stop sign, follow the signs towards Midmar, which is approximately 4 km further on.
- For further information or enquiries, please contact Midmar Nature Reserve, Private Bag X6, Howick, 3290, or Telephone +27 (0) 33 330 2067/ 8/ 9.
- 30d11'37.85"E 29d29'27.86"S