- Published Date
- Written by JayWay
- Hits: 37808
- Situated in the southern section of the uKhahlamba-Drakensburg Park, Lotheni is noted for its magnificent scenery and hiking. The reserve is 3 984 ha in extent.
What To D0 On Arrival
- An entrance fee is payable at the entrance gate by day visitors only. All visitors must please report to the reception on arrival.
- Due to the poor road conditions, particularly in the rainy season, high clearance vehicles are recommended.
- No pets are permitted into the reserve.
- Camping other than in designated areas is forbidden.
- Gate opening and closing times are 06:00 - 18:00 daily.
- The making of fires is strictly prohibited, except in designated areas in the resort and campsite, because of the hazard of veld fires.
- Hikers are reminded that all refuse must be brought back to the resort for disposal.
- Electricity is by generator from 17:00 - 22:00 daily.
- Cell phone signal is limited, please provide your own phone cards.
- The nearest source of provisions is at the Lotheni store, which is 14 km from the Resort.
- The curio shop at Lotheni supplies some basic groceries.
- A deepfreeze is situated in the resort kitchen and is available for use by overnight visitors, as is a single large gas stove.
How To Get There
- From N3 south follow the route via Underberg and Himeville, after which the tar ends.
- The reserve is 45 km from Himeville on a dirt road.
- From the north, follow the route via Nottingham Road.
- Turn left at the Nottingham Road police station onto the Sani Pass/Vergelegen road.
- ± 62 km from Nottingham Road, turn right at the Lotheni Store.
- The entrance to the park is 10 km from this point.
- 29d31'30.32"E 29d26'59.55"S