- Published Date
- Written by JayWay
- Hits: 8151
- Kamberg Nature Reserve forms part of the uKhahlamba-Drakensburg Park and is situated centrally in the foothills of the mountains. The reserve was proclaimed in 1951 and is 2 232
- It is ideally placed for visitors wishing to visit the many other access points in the Drakensburg
What To Do On Arrival
- All visitors who have reserved accommodation must report to the camp office. Office hours are between 08:00- 16:30 daily, 08:00- 16:00 on Sunday and Public Holidays.
What To Bring
- Kamberg camp is similar to all Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife hutted camps where it is only necessary to bring your own food and beverages. The nearest supplies are obtainable at Rosetta, which is 42 km away, although the camp shop supplies basic foods and essentials.
- No pets are allowed into the reserve.
- No plug points for electric razors are available.
- Entrance gates to the park open and close at the following times:
- Summer (1 October - 31 March) 05:00 - 19:00
- Winter (1 April - 30 September) 06:00 - 18:00