- Published Date
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 7271
- Situated in the central section of uKhahlamba Drakensburg Park, Injisuthi is cradled between Injisuthi (or Little Tugela) and Cowl Fork rivers at the head of the Injisuthi Valley it is surrounded by magnificent scenery and is dominated by Cathkin Peak, Monk’s Cowl and Champagne Castle.
What To Do On Arrival
- Please report to the camp office between 08:00- 12:30 and 14:00-16:30. Day visitors are required to pay an entrance fee. Accommodation may be taken up from 14:00 while check out time is 10:00 on the day departure. If you arrive after hours please refer to the accommodation schedule outside the office.
- No pets of any kind are permitted in the reserve.
- NB: No fires are allowed.
- Hikers must also please remember that only official overnight camp stops may be used.
- Spades and trowels must be carried for toilet use.
- No petrol or oil is available.
- No wood may be collected in the park. Charcoal and wood are sold at the curio shop.
- Limited basic groceries are available at the reception office.
- Please provide all your own food and drinks as the nearest town is Estcourt, 60 km away.
- Credit cards are accepted. (Master card and Visa only).
- No generators are permitted in the campsites.
- Motorcycles may only be used as transport to and from the park or within the camp area.
- Gate entry times:
- Summer (1 October - 31 March) 05:00 - 19:00
- Winter (1 April - 30 September) 06:00 - 18:00