- Published Date
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 1753
- Highmoor is situated in the central region of the uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park.
- The reserve is 28 151 ha in extent and offers the visitor a variety of experiences. It is renowned for its excellent trout dams and scenic views.
What To Do On The Arrival
- Day visitors pay their entrance fee at the Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife camp office on arrival.
- Overnight visitors must report and settle overnight fees at the camp office
How to Get There
- From the north or south take the Nottingham Road off-ramp from the N3 and proceed to the village of Nottingham Road.
- Follow the signs towards Rosetta. At Rosetta turn left opposite the “Ugly Duckling” and follow signposts to Kamberg.
- This route is tarred for approximately 44 km, until you see the Highmoor/Glengary signs on the left.
- Follow this district road (dirt) for about 6 km (past Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse) until you reach the reserve.
- No pets of any kind are permitted in the reserve.
- For safety reasons hikers should hike in parties of three or more individuals.
- Gate entry times: Summer (1 October - 31 March) 05:00 - 19:00
- Winter (1 April - 30 September) 06:00 - 18:00
- NB: Fires may not be made in the wilderness area or in caves.
- Visitors must complete the mountain rescue register before and after their hike.
- Hikers must please remember that only official overnight stops may be