- Published Date
- Written by JayWay
- Hits: 24814
- Located in the Cathedral Peak valley of the u Khahlamba Drankensberg Park, a World Heritage Site, Didimais a 5-hour driver on the N3 form Johannesburg and 4 hours from Durban.
- Didima Resort is set in a Stunning mountain paradise bathed in scenic beauty with rivers, streans, waterfalls, grasslands and craggy cliffs.
- The Resort's accommodation is uniquely style, symbolic of the dwellings of the San people who once lived in these mountains.
- Didima celebrates the now lost culture of the San people and captures something of their oneness with their environment. Their art has been accurately reproduced and can be viewed at the San Rock Centre as well as in small shelters found throughout the Park.
- The Cathedral Peak areais a hikers delight, offering routesranging from a few hours on the mountain paths to several days of camping and adventure.
HOW TO GET THERE
- From the south: Pass Estcourt on the right of the N3, take the Winterton/Colenso off-ramp; head for Winterton (22 km); in Winterton, opposite the Engen petrol station, turn left over the railway line; follow the Cathedral Peak/Didima signs.
- From north: Follow the road signs to Bergville; pass Bergville; turn right, 1 km beyond Bergville and follow the Cathedral Peak/Didima signs.
- 29d13'54.17"E 28d56'35.68"S
WHAT TO DO ON ARRIVAL
- An entrance fee is payable at the control gate.
- All overnight visitors must check in at the reception office on arrival.
- Office hours are from 07:00 - 19:00 daily.
- Check in time is 14:00 on the day of arrival and check out is 10:00 on the day of departure.
- A refundable key deposit of R50 is payable on arrival.
- No pets of any kind are permitted in the reserve.
- Entrance gate is open 24 hours a day.
- Basic foods and provisions are available at the curio shop (open 08:00-19:00 daily) and Winterton village approximately 45 km away.
- Self-catering units do not have ovens.
- Petrol may be purchased at the Cathedral Peak Hotel, which is situated 4 km up the road from the control gate.
Mikes Pass Drive is closed for the public only NCS vehicle are perimitted to take guests at a rate of
- R 60 PP minimum charge for 4 persons
Trip times are:
- 09 am
- 12 pm
- 16 pm