- Published Date
- Written by JayWay
- Hits: 5968
Cobham is situated in the southern Drakensberg, 150 km from Pietermaritzburg. This reserve is managed together with the Vergelegen Reserve to form one management section of the uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park and is approximately 52 000 ha in extent.
How To Get There
- From Pietermaritzburg/Durban recommended route:
- Follow the N3 Freeway. Take the R617 (to Bulwer and Underberg).
- Stay on the R617 through Boston, Bulwer, into Underberg. At Underberg turn right onto the D7.
- The turnoff is marked, follow this gravel road for 14 km to the
What To Do On Arrival
- Visitors must first check in at the office on arrival to complete the necessary registers.
- Office hours are between 08:15 to 16:00 daily.
- No pets of any kind are permitted in the reserve.
- Hikers should hike in parties of three or more individuals.
- Entrance gates to the reserve open and close at the following times:
- Summer (1 October - 31 March) 05:00 - 19:00
- Winter (1 April - 30 September) 06:00 - 18:00