- Published Date
- Written by JayWay
- Hits: 8652
Accommodation - Nhlonhlela Bush Lodge
- This eight-bed lodge overlooks the fever treelined Nhlonhlela Pan.
- All the units are en-suite and connected by board walks branching out from the communal lounge and kitchen.
- A cook/caretaker is in attendance and a field ranger is available to take visitors on game walks.
- This lodge is served by a solar powered lighting system.
- Good torches and gas lights are recommended.
- A road network of 100 km traverses a variety of bushveld habitats which offer excellent game-viewing.
- Animals include: wild dog, black and white rhino, elephant, giraffe, nyala, blue wildebeest, warthog, hippo, impala and kudu.
- Rare species occurring are hyena, suni and leopard.
- Four game viewing hides are situated next to the Kubube, Kumasinga, Kwamalibala and Kumahlala pans.
- More than 420 species of birds have been recorded .
- Two bird-viewing hides have been erected next to the Nsumo Pan, where a wealth of waterfowl can be seen.
- The Fig Forest Guided Walking Trail (guided by a field ranger) should not be missed. Short day walks (± 2 hours)
conducted by a field ranger, may also be undertaken.
- Night drives are also offered, giving visitors the opportunity to see some of the reserve’s nocturnal animals and birds.
- A swimming pool is situated in the hutted camp and campsite respectively, strictly for accommodated guests only.
- The Rhino Dine-O take-away situated near Mantuma is open from 07:00 - 09:30 for breakfast; 11:30 - 14:00 for
lunch and 17:00 - 19:00 for dinner.
RATES: (Full Rates for 2012-2013)
|1x8 bed Bush Lodge||Min Charge: R2350||Pax: 6||Adult Supp: R390||Child Supp: R195|