- Published Date
- Written by JayWay
- Hits: 28881
Thendele Resort is situated in one of the most picturesque settings in the country, with a view of the Amphitheatre
from every chalet.
- The most popular activity enjoyed by visitors is hiking.
- A comprehensive contour map and a brochure, describing the various hiking routes are on sale at the Visitor Centre,
Thendele office and the entrance gate.
- Climbing is a pursuit which should only be attempted by experienced climbers.
- Hikers must complete the Mountain Rescue Register before and after their hike.
- When hiking please keep to designated paths and avoid shortcuts.
- Trout fishing is available in the rivers as well as in the Mahai Dam.
- A fishing permit must be obtained from the Visitor Centre before fishing.
- Only fly fishing equipment is permitted.
- Horse riding is also available from Rugged Glen and bookings must be made in advance at the stables.
- Telephone +27 (0) 36 438 6422.
- Picnic sites are situated at Mahai dam.
- Swimming is perfectly safe in all the rivers, but is not allowed in the Mahai stream above the domestic water offtake, which is signposted, or above the Vemvaan weir which supplies water to Thendele Resort.
- Thendele Lodge, which offers accommodation for six people.
- This fully equipped,
- lodge has three en-suite bedrooms,
- each with two single beds,
- a kitchen,
- large living area with fireplace and an outdoor braai.
- All accommodation has DSTV.
- In the cottages and lodge, food is prepared by cooks.
- Chalet accommodation is self-catering.
RATES: [Download Full Tariffs Here]
|1x6 bed lodge||Min Charge: R3400||Pax: 6||Adult Supp: --||Child Supp: --|