Camping and Caravanning Site
Camping and Caravanning is the most cost effective means of accessing the magnificient diversity of KZN Wildlife`s nature reserves. More and more people are discovering the freedom of packing a tent or caravan and getting on the road to discover Africa's more remote and exciting places, away from the trappings and complications of the modern world. Here you can get close to the natural world while creating your own comfort and experience. You can now enter your journey of discovery and enjoy our many camping and caravanning sites while you explore the natural wonders of KwaZulu-Natal. From the high Drakensberg where campers have the choice of comfortable sites in the Mahai Campsite in Royal Natal or the primitive splendour of a cave in the shadow of Hodgson's Peaks in Cobham where early users of this facility were the San Bushmen. In the scenic Midlands at Midmar or Chelmsford where water sports are the main activities, in wildlife parks such as Mkhuze for game viewing and birdwatching, or along the coast at Sodwana or St Lucia Estuary for fishing and diving. This is your time to experience the alluring spirit and soul of Africa.
TEN GOLDEN RULES FOR CAMPERS AND CARAVANNERS:
The following rules have to be complied with for your convenience and safety:
- 1. DO book in advance, especially before the holiday season, by contacting the Camp Reception/ Reservations directly.
- 2. DO report to the Reception at the reserve or resort before occupying your site.
- 3. DO occupy only the site(s) allocated to you.
- 4. DO use the litter bins provided.
- 5. DO leave the site in the same condition you would like to find it.
- 6. DO use only the fireplaces provided.
- 7. DO be security conscious and lock away your valuables. The Officer-in-Charge will be happy to keep them for you, but cannot be held responsible.
- 8. DO be quiet after 21:00; others nearby may be trying to sleep.
- 9. DO use water sparingly.
- 10. DO help to keep the ablution blocks clean and tidy and please leave them in the same condition as you would like to find them.
ENJOY YOUR STAY